Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

1982: REMEMBERING A LANDMARK THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN DESTROYED

When one gets involved with tedious art work such as the pen and ink sketch I made way back in 1982, memories of working on that historic "White Horse Inn" had my mind flashing back to the years when that historic old building was in full operation. As I laid in the details of the dirt road, I imagined a group Civil War Yanks coming to the watering hole from nearby Camp Perrine or Camp Olden. In passing the abandoned Bromley Inn on Nottingham Way, I fear we will soon hear news that historic old 1890's Charles Fulkert historic landmark will be relegated to the wrecker's ball. Were I to be lucky enough to win one of those massive lottery playouts, there would be MANY local venues that would be preserved. Dream on, Glover!

No comments: