Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2015

1940's and 50's: Time for a Nostalgia Break!

 
That girl in the photo above is probably listening to "Meet Corliss Archer" or "A Date With Judy" as she does her homework in her rolled up jeans and Bobbysox. It is typical of those lovely girls I grew up with back before the advent of TV and the increasing exploitation of women that followed. The lovely example of true femininity in the photo below, brings back precious memories of a Sunday afternoon with my then girl friend Judy as we drove out to dinner at the Old Heidelberg, or perhaps Landwehr's or the Glendale for dinner in my 1952 Willys "Aerolark.". My dear wife Judy was a fashion plate back during those years. White gloves, a crinoline skirt, and sheer wholesome female beauty.

3 comments:

Lee Belardino said...

Tommy
Truer words were never spoken. That was the age of beauty in girls and music.
Lee

Tom Glover said...

It sure was, Lee, and we were fortunate enough to have been brought up during that great generation.

Tommie

Sally Logan Gilman said...

Hi Tom: Jeans, with rolled cuffs and the plaid shirt was my usual after-school outfit. My saddle shoes, however, were brown and white and not black and white like all the cool kids wore. My mother said "young women'' do not wear black.