Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

1990: PROUD TO HAVE GIVEN 3 YEARS OF MY LIFE

I am uncovering so many columns among the many hundreds I have written over the years. I began writing way back in 1981 and only missed one deadline when I had emergency gall bladder surgery in the 1980's. I would guess that I have written nearly a thousand columns over all these years. Above is a column that I had completely forgotten about. As we old military veterans look back on our service years, they seem to have taken on a charm of their own. Was I ever that young? Were that photo to appear in any other place without the caption I posted, I would not recognize myself! (105 pounds fresh out of the shower, a 31 inch waist, and not a wrinkle to be seen.) Wow. My army service in the Army Security Agency will be with me until I meet the Lord whenever he calls me.

No comments: